FREE Case Review Now


A 48-year-old man has an 11-year-old son who developed a methicillin-sensitive staphylococcus aureus infection. Staphylococcus infections are generally treatable with the use of s if the infection is caught in time. The man’s son was treated in 2011 at a hospital, and he has since recovered.

However, only two weeks after the son’s treatment, the man developed a sore. He sought medical attention at the same hospital and by the same physician’s assistant as his son. Despite the treatment his son had only just received, the boy’s father was not prescribed an which quickly became a life-threatening medical error.

Only days later, on his third visit to the same hospital, the man reported shoulder pain. He was seen by a different physician’s assistant who told him that the two ailments were unrelated. Instead of making the connection to a likely staphylococcus infection, hospital personnel diagnosed the man with a different problem.

However, only a couple of days later, the man collapsed at home. By then it was too late for his hands and feet which had to be amputated. He also ended up losing his lower legs to the deadly infection because of the late diagnosis.

In an effort to demand that this hospital take responsibility for the misdiagnosis and the failure to diagnose this life-threatening infection in a timely manner, this man has filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against the hospital for the negligence of its medical staff. Hopefully, this hospital and all medical centers throughout the country and in Ohio will learn from this devastating medical mistake.